From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to recover a damaged VI ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Using current version of labview and had just changed the Icon for the VI I had finished then I saved the file and closed it.

When I tried to open it LabView gave the error front panel seems to be missing and will not open the file.

Is this recoverable or am I starting over ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,642 Views)
Just pull out the latest version from your repository. No need to start over. What? You don't use version control?!?

Sorry but if there is another way to recover it I don't know how. Someone else will reply if there is. I just wanted to express the importance of version control. Programming without version control is like driving without a seatbelt. There could be issues down the road.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 2 of 9
(3,636 Views)

Did you try a search? This is like the umpteenth time this same exact question has been asked. The answer is always the same.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,628 Views)

Yes we did a sirch, there is only one copy of the VI and it crashes LabView when I try to one in now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,622 Views)

Hi steppir,

can you upload your damaged vi?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,594 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author steppir

Thanks for trying to help, I have now recreated the VI and sense it crashes LabView I have sent a copy of the bad file with the crash report to NI in hopes they will fix the hole I fell into.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,565 Views)

While you are waiting to see if they can fix it you might want to read this.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 7 of 9
(3,552 Views)

This actually brings up an interesting point, I have noticed that LV2011 seems to be trashing VIs on a fairly regular basis. Has anyone else noticed this? When it happens, the VI still links in correctly wherever it's being used, but you can't open its front panel.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,542 Views)

Yep, just happened to me as you described.  The Vi is on the main Vi bock diagram and I can't open the front panel.

That's why I'm reading this thread.

Oh yeah, I am running LV 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,459 Views)