LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a bug with the multicolumn listbox?

I'm running into a weird issue with the multicolumn listbox.  I can enter the exact same data in 20 rows or even more.  The row height on rows 10 and 13 always resize to about twice the height of all the other rows.   Why do these 2 rows always do this - I have no idea and have tried everything I can think of to either get it to stop or reproduce it on other rows.  But it always happens on rows 10 and 13.  Anyone run into this issue before or any idea what could cause this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,487 Views)

Ok it gets weirder.  I turned "smooth scrolling" off and it quit doing it.  I turned smooth scrolling back on and its still not doing it.

My head just exploded so i'm going home for the day.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,474 Views)

Still working today so I guess that fixed it.  Weird.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,438 Views)

Without looking at the code it's impossible to tell, but the numbers 10 and 13 offer a definite clue - these are the ASCII values for line feed and carriage return. I'm guessing that your code somehow took the index and converted it into a string (probably using Byte Array to String) and put it in one of the columns (I'm guessing you wanted an index display). The rest of the chars there have no visible representation, but those two will manifest as new lines.

If that's the case, the solution would be to use something like Number to Decimal String to do the conversion.

(2,425 Views)