LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the tiling window operation possible in labview? if so then in which version...

Dear Sir,

I have multiple vi's being called by a main vi. I want to arrange all of them programmatically just like "TILING WINDOWS".

At this need i have more than 10 numbers of sub VIs being called.

The another requirement is that, no vi should go behind if i do some operation on one.

is it possible in labview? i am using the version 7.0

Do reply me if u get some idea about it.

thanx..

Alok Trivedi

Pune
-AL☼K
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,116 Views)

Here are a few options that you can do in your situation. One thing that is easily addressed is the "tiling" you spoke about. You can set the run-time position of any VI by changing the VI properties>>Window Run-Time Position options. If you set these properties explicitly you should be able to get the effect that you want. The whole "shouldn't go behind idea is a little confusing," however even with clarification they only thing you could attempt is Modal Operation. This can be set in VI Properties>>Window Appearance>>Customize>>Window Behavior. When a VI is set to Modal and is running, NO other VI can be interacted with and the running VI will always be "On Top" of other VIs.

I hope this gives you some ideas as to what you can do, but if you do need any further help, please post. 🙂

Tyler H.

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,095 Views)