From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is labview 7.1 compatible with windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

Now am using labview 7.1 in windows XP. I plan to buy a new laptop (preferably Dell Inspiron) , and I came to know that all latest editions come with Windows 7. Also it is not possible to make windows XP the OS for the above laptop as the drivers are not available and many features would not work. I am not in a position to buy latest version of Labview also. Is there any problem of compatiblity between Windows 7 and Labview 7.1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,680 Views)

It is not compatible

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,679 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author malavi

LabVIEW 2009 and the November 2009 NI Device Drivers DVD officially support Windows 7.  Official support indicates that we have tested products and that any bugs will be addressed per our normal support process, which is documented in The Software Engineering Process for National Instruments Product Development.

National Instruments products released prior to the aforementioned versions are not officially supported on Windows 7. However, Microsoft has stated that most applications supported on Windows Vista will run smoothly on Windows 7 due to the underlying similarity of the two operating systems as described in How compatible are your applications? Therefore, you may be able to install and use these products on Windows 7 without issues.

check here

But a confirmation here

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,678 Views)