LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible in Labview? Suggest me...

It looks like that would work.  The only issue is speed.  Will it be fast enough to capture the impacts? If it is not too expensive it might be worth a try.  The information on pages 3 and 4 about the binary mode seem to be straightforward.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 73
(794 Views)

I have some more doubts that I would like to take all three vibration, pressure and sound sensor data to labview by connecting all to the ni USB 6008 channels. Now, I may order the serial device from sparkfun but problem is you know, already my motor is connected in serial to labview on the otherwise which is running with some other VI's except this production Adjustment VI what I am going to do now. Sparkfun sensor also USB device which may need serial programming in labview. How can work with two serial devices in circular fashion that one read sensor data and adjust on other side. I think it will be difficult and later if I need how I going connect those two other sensors. At the same time if the whole system works only with sparkfun accelerometer well, might be its enough with these sensor. I don't know about these all ways. You may experienced this kind of situations.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 73
(785 Views)

System design is more complex and often more difficult than the design of any one component of the system for exactly the reasons you have described.

You are now at the point where it may not be possible to give you good advice by a brief note on this Forum.  So many things interact in complicated ways. Without seeing the whole system and all the requirements it becomes more and more likely that anyone here would miss a key point ad possibly send you in the wrong direction.

If you do not know how to make these system design decisions your self (or have others at your company who do), I recommend that you obtain some outside help.  Your NI sales representative may be able to make some suggestions or if you need a consultant, the NI rep can tell you who in your area to contact.

More specifically, you can connect multiple USB devices through a hub or multiple ports on your computer.  With the right drivers you can communicate with the Sparkfun accelerometer through USB as though it were a serial RS-232 device.  Connecting multiple sensors to the USB-6009 is also feasible although you may need external amplifiers, filters, or other signal conditioning circuits. Only one RS-232 serial device can connect to any single port.  However, multiple ports are possible through various USB, Ethernet, PCI, or other connections.

Reeading the sensor data on one port and sending commands to the pump via a different port is easily programmed in LabVIEW.  There are many options, but I would recommend learning about state machines.  They provide a robust architecture which is easy to develop, maintain, and modify as needed.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 73
(780 Views)

Yes, I exactly agree with your points. I feel bit relief about programming in labview because I have already worked with labview before and can understand easily. Problem is with these outside setup and choosing these sensors.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 73
(778 Views)

Hi,

Now I am getting output as in between 500mV to 1.5mV from sensor. It's always varying and it's a differential output from sensor. I am going to connect this to NI USB 6008 AI0+ or - terminals. I am doubt that, do I need to amplify this signal before DAQ, because, I read the datasheet for USB 6008 and it says that those pins would take in between + or - 1 to 20 volts. Do I need amplification before that or can I do it directly.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 73
(764 Views)

On the +/-1 V scale the USB 6008 with 12 bit resolution can resolve about 0.5 mV.  12 bits means 4096 levels.  2 V/4096 = 488 uV. So your 1.5 to 500 mV signal cna be measured with the 6008.  It may not be optimum, but you can get started without an amplifier.

What is the pump speed? How many strokes does it make in each second or minute?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 73
(761 Views)

Ok, I don't know how many strokes but as you increase the voltage from 12 to 24 , inside magnet is powered up well. I don't know much about this and I am in learning process.

I am just dreaming that, if I get this signal well into labview and how can I differentiate(how to know when the noise is there or not). Practically, when the noise is in pump will result the increment in amplitude of sensor output(may be varying between 0.9mV to 1.5mV). How can I differentiate this in labview to take decision on the existing noise. I know state machines can do this by changing states. I never did it before. Can you give me some idea.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 73
(758 Views)

Hello johnsold,

Problems, problems and so on.

I have finished my code and I started checking with all motors. The big problem is, If I adjust a pump manuvally with some values and I started checking with my code. Sometimes, my code does well and adjusting some 10 points in and around to the manuval value(very rare case). Normally, It is adjusting around 100 points over compared to the manuval value. I hope this because I have used Amplitude and Limits vi to detect amplitude and then I have taken a condition according to the noise levels but seems to not at all efficient. Please, can you Help me with some other information. How can I make it precise to the  manavally adjusted value.

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 73
(723 Views)

I want to make a system that can detect the noise(due to mechanical collide to stroke). I showed before the FFT spectrum of pump. If do, differentiation between those mechanical noise frequencies and normal working frequencies and adjust until that mechanical noise frequency vanish(not fully but efficient) because this sound when I hear and any kind of pump having this problem(noise) is same i.e. when mechanical noise frequencies is always same for the different kind of pumps. No matter what type of pump and noise is same and lies in same frequencies. I need to eliminate that noise especially. Before, I was developed with Amplitude and Level Vi but, it makes things difficult that I need to change those amplitude levels in program for different kind of pumps. Please suggest me any other way.

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 73
(718 Views)

I saw the option SINAD and HRD analyzer, In SINAD, There is a option that I can made advanced search for frequencies but really I need to know the frequency range of that metallic noise and normal frequency of the motor. Is there any option available for this? 

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 73
(714 Views)