From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

irq not less than or equal BSOD

Wrote a program to capture waveforms from a scope, and periodically it will BSOD when i'm trying to communicate with the scope. Any idea what path to begin investigating for this type of error? What specifically does it mean? 

At least I have chicken
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,999 Views)

Are you using any math analysis tools, library calls, etc...    Are you using an IVI driver, are there know bugs in it, is it well tested, or new, .....   

Here is a USB windows 64 bit info pack on this type of error

BSOD oscilliscope

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,991 Views)

Probably more to do with the PC itself than LabVIEW/scope setup.

Reseat the RAM, do a few memtest runs, look everything over in the BIOS (might even reset-to-defaults then update to your settings), make sure your video card's drivers are updated, try using wired ethernet instead of wireless, unplug/disable any extra hardware, take a look through add/remove programs and nuke the junk that's in there... sometimes CD/DVD authoring tools will screw with the system like that. 

Does the same code behave the same way on a different system?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,986 Views)

It's wierd, in the lab i have an idential PC that I tried it on and it did the same thing. After restart everytrhing was OK...could it be an IRQ conflict or something? I'm using a serial connection through a serial-usb adapter

At least I have chicken
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,980 Views)
Yea; that's why I'd poke around in the BIOS and see what settings you have in there.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,973 Views)

labviewleroy, these errors are conflicts between various hardware and drivers on your system, generally because they are trying to access resources that have already been reserved.  Can you please tell us what hardware you are working with on this system?

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,949 Views)

Hi Paul,

I'm workign with a serial interface to a tektronix TPS2014 scope. I'm using a serial-usb adapter and the problem seems to happen more often when i'm runnign things in parallel (such as also looking at an agilent MUX, serial watlow controller, chroma source, etc.)

At least I have chicken
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,944 Views)

Who is making the USB-Serial adapter?  That sounds like it is going to be the source of the problem.  If it is National Instruments let us know, but it sounds like it is a 3rd party vendor.  If it is a third party vendor you will need to contact them about how their drivers and hardware are causing hardware conflicts with your system.  They should be able to work with you to get their driver running properly.

Are you using any other interfaces or devices, or is this the only one?  If it is the only one, and you don't have any NI hardware, then we're only going to be able to offer limited support.

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,936 Views)

It is third party. Would you recommend an NI serial to usb adapter? I have no second thoughts about buying one if you think that it would actually make a difference.

At least I have chicken
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,931 Views)

National Instruments does offer several USB-Serial options you can check out.  As far as confidence goes, we have a wide base of users using these, and we'd be able to troubleshoot any further problems you have, although I doubt you'd continue to run into this problem.  In the case of a BSOD for IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, it's very likely not going to be your code or your Tektronix device causing the crash.  I would definitely say your existing hardware and driver would have to be the prime suspect here.

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,922 Views)