From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet explorer 4.0 or higher required message when trying to install a built application

When I'm trying to install a built application (Labview 2010) on a computer running windows XP or windows 7 I get the error message "Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher required" (see attatched file). I have tried to install different versions of internet explorer on different machines using both windows XP and windows 7 but nothing helps.

Does anyone have a solution? Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,996 Views)

Is there anything unusual about the target machines that you're trying to install your application on?

Can you tell us more about the settings you've used in your Application Installer?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,988 Views)

I include the "Automotive Diagnostic Command Set 1.0.2", "Labview Run-Time Engine 2010" and "NI-CAN 2.6.1" in the install file.

If I install theese seperately and install my .exe file the application runs without errors so I suspect that the problem is in the installer.

I have tried to install the application using the installer on five different machines, one of them compleatly "fresh", but the problem is the same.

Included is a documents with screen shots of my settings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,982 Views)

That's good diagnosis work you've done there, it certainly does seem the problem lies with the Installer. I suspect at this point an NI support engineer is going to need to investigate for you. Hopefully one will see this thread and assist soon.

Best of luck!

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,969 Views)

Just a comment if somebody else get's this error: The "Automotive Diagnostics Command Set" was the problem.

Two fixes was found; Upgrade to latest version of"Automotive Diagnostics Command Set or run the setup.exe with a command line parameter: "setup.exe /prop IEDETECTED=1"

Message 5 of 5
(2,930 Views)