LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interfacing labview 8.5 with spectrum analyzer

Solved!
Go to solution

can anyone tell me how to interface labview 8.5 with spectrum analyzer.............i am beginner ...i don't know much about labview

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,501 Views)

Hi hasan,

you should better ask "how to connect my spectrum analyzer with my computer?"…

Which kind/type of analyzer do you use? How is it connected with your PC? Did you search for instrument drivers in the InstrumentDriverNetwork at NI.com?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,497 Views)
Do you know anything about spectrum analyzers or instrument communication? What sort of physical interface does the instrument have? USB, Ethernet, GPIB, and serial are the common ones. LabVIEW can use any so determine what the instrument has and connect it. You don't mention the make and model either. Go to the help menu and select Find Instrument Drivers. Go to the main instrument driver page to get help on using a driver.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,495 Views)

Why don't you tell us what you do know so we can better help you out?  Do you know how to hook up the spectrum analyzer?  Make/model of the spectrum analyzer?  Do you know how to use it manually?  Do you know what a spectrum analyzer is for?

I know some of these questions might sound almost insulting, but we have to establish a baseline so we know how much help you need, and how much detail to include.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,467 Views)

THE SPECTRUM ANALYZER WHICH I AM USING IS ANRITSU MS2721B.......I JUST WANT TO INTERFACE IT WITH LABVIEW 8.5 TO COMMUNICATE WITH IT AND HOW CAN I STORE AND OBTAIN DATA FROM LABVIEW IN MY LAPTOP......I KNOW A LITTLE BIT OF HANDLING IT MANUALLY BUT THE TASK GIVEN TO ME IS TO MAKE INTERFACE ONLY AND SHOW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hasan87
Do not SHOUT! That's just rude.

There is a driver for the 2721 which you should have already found and downloaded. There is an example that comes with it - Help> Find Examples. Look under Hardware Input and Output.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,433 Views)

sorry ...i did'nt meant to be rude......i was just clearing 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,399 Views)

@hasan87 wrote:

thank u for the info

@hasan87 wrote: