LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interface to labview via CED power1401

Dear all

I am using "CED power1401", as interface for EMG data acquisition. Usually, I use the Signal software to control the CED power1401. However, current experiment needs to use labview to conduct complicated program. In our lab, we don't have NI DAQ device.

There is a interface program on CED homepage (http://ced.co.uk/downloads/contributed#1401labVIEW). However, this file is too old for running in current our labview program.

Do anyone have new version program?  Or could you guys please tell me another way?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,125 Views)

Hello tom1345,

I think you have 3 options like below.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,086 Views)

Hello Y Ueno,

Thank you for reply and your suggestion.

・Although I contacted the developer yesterday, their e-mail address was not valid, then there are no way to contact to them.

・Unfortunately, I am not SSP active user..

So, I will try your 3rd suggestion. If I can not solve this problem by Request Version conversion in NI Community, I would consider to become SSP active user and try to get the old version.

I appreciate for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,078 Views)

I think the web page is too old. If you need to upgrade the LLB files only and keep to use LabVIEW new version, I don't recommend SSP. SSP is very good for LabVIEW current version support, but it's not support LabVIEW old version and I'm not sure you can download the previous of LabVIEW 2008. In my User Profile,  the available oldest version is LabVIEW 2009 SP1. 

If you can not get any good answer in the community, please let me know. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,070 Views)

Dear Ueno,

I am sorry for late reply. I could get the upgraded VI file which adapt to the Labview2018. So, I don't need to download the SSP. As you said, SSP offer only version after Labview 2009.

By the way, I have another question regarding the way to use the interface to labview. In normal case, I wired  DAQ assistant to graph or index array. However, to use the VI program which interface from DLL Window library to labview, should I set the DAQ assistant on block diagram and connect directly? Or is there any other way?  Although I checked website (http://www.ni.com/tutorial/2804/en/) , I couldn't find the way in my poor knowledge.  I have already succeeded in making use1401.dll recognized

It would be glad if you could give me some advice.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,021 Views)

Sounds great! You can use the library in LabVIEW 2018.

So about the second question, Are you using NI DAQ hardware such as USB DAQ, PXI DAQ or PCI DAQ and so on? 

If you use NI DAQ devices, you can use DAQ Assistant Express VI. If you don't use NI DAQ devices, you can't use it for other companies's devices. The function is only for NI DAQ devices. 

I think you can connet the wire from DLL Window library to graph. If you can not connect correctly, please show me the screenshot.. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,016 Views)

Sorry , less explanation. In this experiment, I cannot use NI DAQ. 

Although I tried to wire from DLL Window library to graph, I found error, like attached photo1. I used the Call Library Function Node.

My labview is version2018 and  the DLL Window library is for 2008 version.  The input device is CED power 1401.  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,005 Views)

I see. So it means you can't use DAQ Assistants Express VI. In this topic, you have CED power 1401 Library and can open them in LabVIEW 2018.

Do you have any example codes in the LLBs? If you have some examples, please check them how to connect with Waveform graph.

And I checked the attached photo ( IMG_0572.jpg). In this image, There is the function prototype like below.

void U14Open1401(int32_t *arg1, int32_t *arg2);

But When I check  the OPEN 1401.VI in the LLB, it's different.

int16_t U14Open1401(int16_t n1401);

Do you have any documents for the dll files and configure the arguments correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,002 Views)

Dear Ueno,

I misunderstood about dll files. As you said, function prototype is different. After correcting the prototype, it can work.

Thank you for your all support. Your advise is so helpful to me.

Best Regards,

Tomoya

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,987 Views)

Sound good! I'm glad to hear that. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,984 Views)