LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interactive web page AND datasocket

I have successfully tested the Building an Interactive Web Page with DataSocket tutorial (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/1785A9030B2FA7FB86256869007B2EE8?OpenDocument). My problem is, I've tried accessing the web page from a few computers connected to the server on a LAN, but I am only able to access the remote panel on the PC's that have LabVIEW installed. On the other PC's, after I click "Yes" to install the .cab file, the panel does not load onto the browser. I have already placed the server address on the IE "Trusted Sites" list for all PC's involved. This situation seems to indicate that the remote PC needs to have LabVIEW installed as well. Is this the case? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,486 Views)

hi there

i haven't read the tutorial in detail, but if you want to access a vi's front panel over the web in a browser your client needs the LabVIEW runtime engine installed. you can download the runtime engine for free from

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C130D?opendocument&node=1...

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,481 Views)
Hi, anandraj.

You'll need to install the LabVIEW Run-time Engine on the machine that will access the front panel remotely. Of course, they will have this already if LabVIEW is installed, but if not you can download and install it explicitly from here. (The Run-time Engine downloads are near the bottom.) Also, remember that you'll want to install the Run-time version corresponding to the version in which you developed your application. Older versions of the Run-time Engine can be found here.

Good luck! Have a nice evening.

Message Edited by sarahk on 06-01-2006 04:48 PM

Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,482 Views)
Sarah and Chris,

Thanks for your help. I did use LabVIEW 7.1 to design the VI, but ran the version 8 runtime engine on the client side. After uninstalling this version and using version 7.1, it works fine.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,459 Views)