LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interactive plots in Labview

Hello
I was wondering if it was possible to have interactive plots in Labview. Let me explain: for example I have plotted x by y and in this plot (graph) I want to be able to select data points by clicking the points on the plot. For example these may be outliers, or, I may want to subset these points out of this data, etc

Is it possible to do this in Labview? how? are there any good tutorials or sample vi's?

I will appreciate some guidance,

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,895 Views)

H i RVR,

find attached a vi which includes the features you are asking for......

I was toooooooo   lazy to rewrite it in an appropriate form  - have cutted only all the instrument drivers etc.

Concentrate only on the three cases  in Diagram:   "delete point"   /  " delete plot"  and    "graph visible"

Points and plots might be deleted @  cursor position and and a misbehaving curve might not be shown.

The rest you can forget.

Regards
Werner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,883 Views)

Thanks for the reply Werner, however I cannot make much sense out of your vi. Any chance of including the missing vi?

i am fairly new at Labview programming and am finding it hard to follow. I will appreciate your further help with this. Also can you suggest some programming book where i may learn about this type of stuff?

Best wishes,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,868 Views)
One great way to interact with graphs in LabVIEW is by using cursors. I have attached an example I wrote that illustrates how cursors can be used to extract a subset of data from a graph. Please have a look at it. As far as resources to learn about LabVIEW, National Instruments has a host of different training options and I highly recommend them. Here is a link to the NI training site. There are instructor-led courses that you can sign up for in your area in addition to self-paced manuals that you can purchase and use to learn LabVIEW on your own.

Kind Regards,
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,847 Views)