LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intensity chart timestamp

Hello!

I am trying to configure the intensity chart to display the current time of measurement. I am using this as a precipitation monitor, so therefore it is running 24/7 grabbing the data from a global variable generated by another VI.

I have followed the instructions given here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/6F0054EEABAFE4B886256F2700012142?OpenDocument

but it seems that it gives me a slowly lagging time. After less than 24 hours of data measurement it is already off by almost 2 hours. 

Is there a way of integrating a timestamp into the intensity chart?

I have posted here the VI and also a screenshot of the VI running, with the actual time stamp of the last measurement on the left, and the two intensity chart showing an altered time on the axis, which is auto sizing. And the bottom right is a waveform chart that has the current timestamp.

Strangely enough I am also running another VI with a similar purpose, but after 24 hours it has only lost 10 minutes, but the programming is very similar. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,177 Views)

Hi komephoros,

the intensity chart doesn't display real timestamps on it's x-axis. It displays the current index (aka sample count) formatted as time. As soon as your loop iteration time differs from the DAQ timing the "timestamps" go off...

I also would make two loops, one for just displaying the data and an additional one for the file write operations. Those file writing can really hurt your timing (as soon as WinOS [or any other] starts to index big folders etc.) Writing 3 pictures each 10s produces big folders over time, which tend to slow down the OS...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,165 Views)