From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installer must copy files to a directory

Hello,

I have a installer and I want the installer to copy files from a folder when installing.

Where must I add the source and set the destination where the files must be copied to?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,843 Views)

Hello,

Its easy, First you have to add your file (Here, Test.txt file I have taken) to your project, then you have to add your required file at your specific location where you want it to be after installation at "Source Files" tab (Here, I have choosen C:\Program Files\Untitled Project 1\Test.txt) while configuring installer (as shown in "File.png" image). so by this way after the installation process completes you can see your file at your location.

Vinal Gandhi, CLA
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,806 Views)

Hello Vinal_G,

Ok now I have to manually add new folders and drag the vi's in it.

This is very time consuming.

If I will add a new vi's I will have to search which files are new which is also time consuming.

Why can't I drag the project folder to the right?

Would it not be easier to first build a packed library(I don't have an executable) and add this packed library in the installer?

gr,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,795 Views)