LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert into array different sizes

Hello,

This is great...if you change to the build array you can insert as many 2D arrays into a 3d array with each 2 d array in its own page. However Labview pads the smaller arrays with zeroes. Is there a way to have Labview pad the smaller arrays with a "NAN"

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,181 Views)

@Kaspar wrote:

This is great...if you change to the build array you can insert as many 2D arrays into a 3d array with each 2 d array in its own page. However Labview pads the smaller arrays with zeroes. Is there a way to have Labview pad the smaller arrays with a "NAN"

LabVIEW is a full featured programming language, so everything is possible with a little bit of coding. Have you tried?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,177 Views)

Hello,

Yes I did look at the "build array" and the help for it. I did not find anything that defines the "padding/filler" value for numeric arrays. Does anyone know where this is defined?

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,162 Views)

Hi Kaspar,

You know the row and/or column from which it is getting padded with 0s, right? Use Replace Array Subset function & wire the appropriate row & column indices to replace all unwanted 0s with NaN.

Hope it helps.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,153 Views)

Hi,

A comment related: I was looking for have 1d arrays with diferent size into a 1d array, i found that is only possible if you put 1d arrays at cluster and later inside of 1d array.

Best Regard,

Luis A. Mata C.
Ing. Electrónico
Whatsapp: +58-414-1985579
BBM Pin: 2B83E99A
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,068 Views)

I m not sure if I understood what you mean.

Insert Into Array function is used to Insert an element or N/N-1 dimension array into an N dimension array at a specified index.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,065 Views)

Array Into Array.PNG

Luis A. Mata C.
Ing. Electrónico
Whatsapp: +58-414-1985579
BBM Pin: 2B83E99A
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,058 Views)

@Luis_AM3C wrote:

I was looking for have 1d arrays with diferent size into a 1d array...

Now I understood your requirement after seeing the code. Smiley Happy Yeah, this is possible only with cluster(s).

Thats why it is often said (in these forums) that a pcture is worth a 1000 words. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,052 Views)