LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ini not found error

When attempting to run my application, I continually get a ".ini" not found error.  I have built the application with both the LabVIEW ini file and with a custom ini file.  An issue that may be related is that the VIs were created using LabVIEW 5.1.  We have been unsuccessful in building the files since transitioning to LabVIEW 8.0.  Am I building the application incorrectly?  Where does the executable look for the .ini file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(13,049 Views)

are you getting this error in the "exe" mode or the development mode?

If during the development mode then you can probably find this by probing.

If its coming while executing the "exe" then there might be a problem with the path to this ini file...

As a quick solution wire a error global (since its easy to place where ever you feel like) and create an exe.. You can find easily from where this error is occuring from

Guru

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(13,036 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(13,030 Views)

muks wrote:
see whether this will help

muks, honestly, what the HECK does that article have to do with this issue???? You often post links to articles which have NO bearing on the question! This case is especially bad since the article relates to LabWindows! Please try to be a little more selective in your article selection so people are not sent on wild goose chases.

To poster:  An executable keeps its .ini file in the same folder as where it is located. The .ini file will have the same based name as the application.I don't understand what you mean by "not building the application correctly". If you can tell us what you are doing then we can tell you whether it's correct. Have you checked through the LabVIEW Help?

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 02-05-2010 09:08 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(13,010 Views)

Darrington,

Did any of these posts resolve your issue?

Vince M
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(12,961 Views)