LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ini file editing ?

I have an INI file that i want to make a Labview interface for to edit the ini file easier. I am using the configuration file vi's. My question is after i get the array of sections is there a way the user can click on the section to get the list of keys ??
- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,518 Views)
Would you mind posts your INI file here?
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,506 Views)
Place a listbox on the FP.
Create a property node for it and select ItemNames.
Wire the section names array into it.
When the user changes the value of the listbox, wire the array of names and the value of the listbox into an Index Array to get the section name.
Wire that into Get Key Names.

here is the INI file
- James

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,494 Views)
Check this out 🙂
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
Message 5 of 9
(4,488 Views)
Hey Guys

Thanks for the quick response. It works great !!

-James
- James

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,479 Views)
LabVIEW Configuration File VIs are very powerful. Here are some applications where I have used them.
1.) An INI file editor that lets the user select an INI file and then the section and then the key all from pull down menus. The user can add, modify or delete sections and keys and values of the keys. This, by itself, is not much help over an editor like notepad, so I added a way to pull in a key or an entire section from another INI file. There are lots of prompts to remind the user to save the results since all this works on the open Config File Refnum and changes can be aborted just by not saving.
2.) An INI file batch mode tool. This opens a folder full of INI files with the user selecting the "pattern" (ex. *.ini), reads all of them to get all sections and keys, makes a table of all keys in the user selected section with an oppotunity to save this table to CSV, and allows the user to read, write, or delete a selected key in a selected section of all of the INI files in that folder. This is useful when a large number of INI files are used for setups for testing a bunch of similar items and they all need the same parameter added with the same value.
3.) Use of the INI File Refnum to pass around variables in a program down into and back out of subVIs. I open the same INI File Refnum each time the program starts. I write the file to hard drive only when exiting the program. While running the parameters of the test are passed around in sections by tag name, this is handy for ease of adding or removinf parameters without breaking a cluster reference. I did this for my ease of programming, but a nice feature came from it that the program can start back up right where it left off, like a dishwasher stopped in mid-cycle, because its state is preserved in the saved INI file. When going between some subVIs where the INI file RefNum will not be preserved, I can write the INI file to hard disk and read it back to re-open the RefNum.
Message 7 of 9
(4,450 Views)

Would you be willing to post example code for the second one you posted? I’m trying to do this exact thing 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,952 Views)

@PonySlaystation wrote:

Would you be willing to post example code for the second one you posted? I’m trying to do this exact thing 

Since BoxTrooper last visited the forums in 2007, I think you may be waiting a while. Why not start a new thread in the meantime?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,941 Views)