LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in formula node how to use array outputs

someone has talked about this. but it is still a problem to me.
no matter how i declare the variable, the output terminal keeps a scalar.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,531 Views)
You should be able to declare it using:
int32 VarName[x][y];

That should make an array of 32bit integers.

See one of my earlier posts here: http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=506500000008000000EE2C0000&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_TIER_0=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_TIER_S=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_QUESTION_0=array+formula+node&USEARCHCONTEXT_QUESTION_S=0

Try copying the code that I posted into your formula node and see if you get an array out. Or try the example I attached with the same code in it.

Let us know if you are still having trouble.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,531 Views)
You example works. Thank you. Two more question:
1. Can we declare a float (single or double) array output? When I changed "int32" into "dbl", the output "y" also turned into DBL. But it was not an array anymore.
2. In your example, there is a 'for' loop to assign a value to each component in array "y". Is this 'for' loop necessary? I mean, can we do it like that polymorphic way?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,531 Views)
Ok, I got the answer for the first question after I read another post.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,531 Views)
I'm not sure what you mean by polymorphc way. If you mean like how you can input an array to a LV Add function on the block diagram and it will automatically perform the addition on all of the elements, then the answer is no I don't think so. If you want to perform an action on every item in the array then I think that you need some sort of loop.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,531 Views)