LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import autoit

I also have 8.2. ActiveX can be an annoying interface. I reopened the example from disk and I had the same problem. Weird. I'll take a look at this later today. Got to go back to work.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,912 Views)
Well, you're not going to believe what the problem is. For the WinWaitActive and WinWaitClose there is a strText parameter. You have to physically connect an empty string to it, even if you want to leave that parameter blank. Leaving it disconnected basically seems to send a null to the function, and AutoIt doesn't like it. I have no idea why it works after you've forced a recompile. That part doesn't make much sense to me. Attached is the updated example. When I opened it from disk it worked each time. No recompilation was required.
Message 12 of 16
(1,902 Views)
Great spot, would never have thought to try that.
Thanks for all your help
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,895 Views)

Hi , i downloaded all 3 sample attached in this thread, all does not work, it will open up a NOTEPAD, however nothing happens afterwards. im using labview 2014.

i notice one strange thing, when i right click on the IAutoItX3 -->select method

it show grey colour "no method" , i suspect maybe there is a way to restore the method list then all function will be available again. do you faced this strange thing before? how can i restore the method list in the invoke note?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,141 Views)

Dear Mr_Chin,

Thanks for your email. I have not used AutoIt for a very long time.

I downloaded the latest version (https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/) v3.3.14.2, and installed it.

I opened up the "AutoIt Example with Empty String constants.vi" example and it showed the labview code below.

Capture.JPG

This seemed to work fine, no issues as you describe.

The only problem I had was at the end of the code, where the scirpt should close down notepad. It failed to do this, probably due to changes in text in the notepad dialog box.

It is always wise to put a timeout value in the "WinWaitActive" as Labview tends to hand, particulary when debugging.

I have attached an updated version.

I am using Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit.

I am using Labview 2014 - 32 bit version.

The problem that you are experiencing maybe 64 bit related.

Sorry, I don't have Labview 64 bit version, so I can't check.

Hope this helps.

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,106 Views)

under the windows 10- 64 bit, Labview 2018 64 bit, autoIT 3.3.14.2.

expected some error after the Automation Open "Automation Open: Object specified is not creatable in Untitled 1"

this is due to C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoItX\AutoItX3_x64.dll does not registered. (COM interface does not registered).

In order to solve this, 

c:\>cd program files (x86)

c:\Program Files (x86)>cd autoit3

c:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3>cd autoitx

c:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoItX>regsvr32.exe AutoItX3.dll

c:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoItX>regsvr32.exe AutoItX3_x64.dll

registered alone AutoItX3.dll does not solve the problem, AutoItX3_x64.dll should be registered together.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(656 Views)