LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if statements

hi, im looking into how i would go about testing data from a simple sensor - a thermistor for example.
for example how could i program a vi so that i would be alerted if the temperature went over a certain limit [say 50degrees]?
thanks
andy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,450 Views)

It sounds like you have not used labview at all before as this is a very basic question.  To quote tst.  "you can try some online LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses."

If statements can be made using Boolean comparison functions.  There is also the case structure which can execute code in a True or False case.  It can also handle ranges of values and different cases like in a Case Select structure in text-based languages.

Message 2 of 4
(2,439 Views)
hi, thanks for the reply.
i havent used labview before, im waiting for some equipment to arrive before i can start my project, ive been trying to use the online simulation but it seems to be broken as it cant find any simulated devices when i follow the tutorials, so at the moment im trying to build up some knowledge so i can get right to it when my stuff comes
thanks again
andy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,419 Views)

Thank you for adding the links. A lot of people on the discussion forums say go read the tutorials. My problem is that I have been having trouble finding the right tutorials. This is really helpful. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,077 Views)