LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hyperterminal

Hello everyone!

I have to pass one or more alarms in the form of voice messages via modem pstn any of you knows how to do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30
(3,032 Views)

@tapullino wrote:

Hello everyone!

I have to pass one or more alarms in the form of voice messages via modem pstn any of you knows how to do?

OK its Friday so....

<Rant=True>

tapullino,  thank you for posting to the forums.  I believe you are looking for information.  The forums are a great souce of information.  I have absolutely no clue about what information you are looking for.  If you use a voice recognition program that interfaces with a VT-100 terminal at 300 baud abandon all hope.  otherwise, could you perhaps be a little more specific?

</Rant>

and my appologies

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30
(3,022 Views)

I have a modem psi-data/fax-modem of phoenix contact that can send text messages,
unfortunately your line provider does not support SMS, for this reason I thought to post (perhaps with hyperterminal?), voice messages.
I hope I was clear and exhaustive

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30
(3,014 Views)

Hyperterminal doesn't do voice or audio.  It only does data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 30
(3,009 Views)

THEN HOW CAN I SEND A VOICE MESSAGE , WITH THE MODEM  THROUGH PSTN  LINE?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30
(3,003 Views)

@tapullino wrote:

THEN HOW CAN I SEND A VOICE MESSAGE , WITH THE MODEM  THROUGH PSTN  LINE?

Please don't shout.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30
(3,000 Views)

Calm down...

He was just explaining a fact.  Hyperterminal is a MS Application for communication of data over (usually) the serial port.  Some applications do support modem commands, as in data commands..  You may be able to tell the modem to transmit voice, but the voice is from a different process.

You need to divide and conquer..

Start with the voice part..

Are these pre-recorded messages?  Where does the "voice" come from?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30
(2,993 Views)

I am assuming you have This device

and that your local carrier does not support SMS (must be out in the boondocks but that is not really relevant)

I have attached the users manual for this device.

This modem can send and recieve SMS and Fax.  It does not support voice transmissions.  A quick check of pg4-9 will inform you that in order for the SMS features to work your local telephone provider must support the protocol.  you need a new telephone providerSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 30
(2,986 Views)

sorry if I insist
idea could be: I have a pre-recorded message that I sent over the network via serial pstn modem in your opinion is not possible?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30
(2,967 Views)

@tapullino wrote:

sorry if I insist
idea could be: I have a pre-recorded message that I sent over the network via serial pstn modem in your opinion is not possible?

Please define what you mean by "send"? Who/What is listening/receiving on the other end?

If you have a modem that can connect to an ISP, you can do anything that you can do over the internet using plain TCP/IP. Maybe that's what you should try. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 30
(2,958 Views)