LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp4192a

Hi imp analyzer,

It would be helpful if you could post a picture of the block diagram to the code you are working with and then we can make some suggestions. Please have a read through the articles mentioned in the above post. Is it that when you set the "log sweep" to ON taht the pop-up window stopped appearing?

Regards, 

James D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(991 Views)

Yes, after I add the Log Sweep control and set it to "ON", the pop-up window for save file name stopped working. I can see from the display on the impedance analyzer that a log sweep is occurring and the Display A and Display B are being updated. But once the sweep is completed, nothing happens. The impedance analyzer just stops at the Stop Frequency and the labview program does not display the impedance vs. Frequency plot. And there is no pop up window to save data in excel.

Please see attached image files

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(979 Views)

Yes, after I add the Log Sweep control and set it to "ON", the pop-up window for save file name stopped working. I can see from the display on the impedance analyzer that a log sweep is occurring and the Display A and Display B are being updated. But once the sweep is completed, nothing happens. The impedance analyzer just stops at the Stop Frequency and the labview program does not display the impedance vs. Frequency plot.

And there is no pop up window to save data in excel.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(938 Views)

Yes, after I add the Log Sweep control and set it to "ON", the pop-up window for save file name stopped working. I can see from the display on the impedance analyzer that a log sweep is occurring and the Display A and Display B are being updated. But once the sweep is completed, nothing happens. The impedance analyzer just stops at the Stop Frequency and the labview program does not display the impedance vs. Frequency plot. And there is no pop up window to save data in excel.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(937 Views)

It does not sound like the subVI is finishing. Can you run it by itself?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(926 Views)

If I remove the logsweep control and run it in auto sweep, everything  works fine and I am able to save data. But when I set the log sweep to "ON", it just remains ON even when the sweep range is completed. 

Is there a way to  stop the log sweep and save data when the final frequency is reached.. i.e make the log sweep conditional. What kind of input should I use? I am using labVIEW 7.1

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(923 Views)

You did not answer my question. Just open the subVI (HP4192A Sweep) and run it. If it does not stop by itself, you need to find out where. My guess is when it is waiting for RQS. I have no idea why it hang in log sweep mode, though.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(919 Views)

Yes, I can run the subVI by itself and it works fine for auto sweep. I am able to save the data.

But when I set the log sweep to ON and run the sub VI,even though subVI runs and impedance analyzer shows the data, LabVIEW doesn't save or display any data after the frequency scan is completed.

I think I need to make the log sweep conditional somehow, to make it stop when frequency scan is completed. Right now it just seems to hang in the ON state forever.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(913 Views)

The code for the 4192 is old and unsupported so you might have to do a lot of the debug yourself. There is a sequence structure inside of another sequence structure. See if it is even exiting the second state where it says 'Wait for request for service'. Probe the sequence local and determine what is being passed to the for loop 'N' terminal in the second sequence of the main sequence structure. In frame 0, see if it is exiting the subVI called HP4192A Sweep VI.

You have to narrow this down yourself since you are the one with the hardware. It is not enough to just keep saying you have no plots.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(907 Views)

I resolved this problem by making the log sweep conditional using a combination of "greater than" comparison with final frequency and a boolean condition input to the log sweep terminal. Thank you for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(892 Views)