LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to view current size of block diagram in labview 2012?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How do I tell how wide is my Block diagram and front panel if I am using LV 2012? 

I tried to follow the instructions in the link below but I couldn't find it.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/62D66358BBF8A87186256FC50077FA17

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,711 Views)

That link you provided gives the instructions for how to find the size of the block diagram.  It doesn't seem to give the size of the front panel.

A quick, dirty way is to open the navigation window.  It will show everything scaled to fit the window.  The white area represents the visible area of your panel or diagram.  Just estimate how many white rectangles would fit across that window and up and down.  Multiply by your screen resolution.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,691 Views)

First, you will need scripting enabled.

this is an example of some of the properties you need to contend with.

You will need to play with them a bit to really understand

Capture.PNG

For instance, scroll bars are 17pixels wide or high A menu and title bar together are 46 pixels high and there is a 1 pixel border added somewhere in that height between the panel and the xxxbars. (I suspect the black line at the top of the panel is just not counted.

BD is a bit easier, just read BD.Total Bounds Rectangular

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,673 Views)

Hi,

Following the link above, the instruction was to view the current size of your diagram, go to Tools » Profile » VI Metrics and select Diagram. I cannot find "VI Metrics" on my 2012 version of LV. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,644 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author S.Neo

What version of LabVIEW do you have.  (Base, Full, or Professional)? I looked at the help file for VI Metrics in my version, and it appears to only come with LabVIEW Professional.

In which case, I'd use my navigation windows method to estimate the size.  One other possibility is to use the Code Capture Tool to grab the entire front panel, or the entire block diagram and create a PNG image.  Then open that up in Paint or another program to see what are the image properties of the file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,625 Views)

The CCT API will give you those sizes, sans title, menu,and scroll bars directly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,615 Views)

Jeff,

Which file ;palette does the CCT API install into?  I remember seeing it in the palettes in the past.  I have it installed in both version of LV I have installed.  But I'm not seeing it in either right now.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,608 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Jeff,

Which file ;palette does the CCT API install into?  I remember seeing it in the palettes in the past.  I have it installed in both version of LV I have installed.  But I'm not seeing it in either right now.

Addons>>LAVA>>CCT>CCT Support has this function 

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,589 Views)

Thanks.  I knew I had seen it.  But I just didn't wander down that path again when I went looking for it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,587 Views)