LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use offset and multiplier property in waveform graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

hello,

i m using a waveform graph and wanted to update its x-axis scale depending on the multiplier value. Also how this

formula of offset n multiplier works (deltaX)*X+X0? What is delta X and X?

Regards,

vijtin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(8,286 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vijtin

hi,

X0 is the offset and X is the multiplier.  So the graph will start at a cetain offset and will aa to that the delta value times the multiplier.

e.g.

If you would have these normal X-values : 0 ; 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 and a multiplier of 2 and ofset of 5 you would get the result on the X-as = 5 ; 7 ; 9 ; 11 ; 13

Hope this helps 😉

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
Message 2 of 11
(8,276 Views)

Thanks a Lot!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(8,255 Views)

What's "deltaX"?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,472 Views)

Delta refers to change - in this case the amount of change on the x-axis between points.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,459 Views)

Can you give me example?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,454 Views)

Your questions are highly ambiguous. I have no idea what you are looking for except in a very generic manner. Simply saying what is deltax is pretty meaningless all bt itself.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,452 Views)

This mean is example in waveform graph. I want know deltaX when calculator (deltaX)*X + Xo. Purpose is control Multiplier in waveform graph.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,445 Views)

How know deltaX when i want control multiplier in waveform graph?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,442 Views)

The default multiplier/delta x for a graph is 1 and the offset (x start is 0). So, for example, you were plotting an array of values versus time, the first point would be at x=0, the second point would be at x=1, the third is at x=2, etc. If you were using a DAQ device and set if for 1000 samples/second, the delta x would be .001 (1/1000) and the graph would show samples every 1 msec. When you use a waveform data type, the graph can use the dt (same as dx) property of the datatype to automatically set the multiplier of the graph. Otherwise, you can use a graph property node to set the multipier. Right click on the graph terminal and select Create property node>XScale>Offset and Multiplier>Multiplier. Right click on the property node and select Change to Write.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,440 Views)