LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use linear fit

The problem with the least absolute residual algorithm choice for the Linear Fit VI was with a particular sort routine that did not allocate enough stack.  The error code was reused from another routine, and as Christian indicated was not terribly helpful.  Apologies for that.  The General Polynomial Fit VI takes a different code path and does not use this same sort routine.  This problem has been fixed for LabVIEW 2014.  I verified the fix against the problem data from Marius, and the new code fixes the problem.  For now Christian's workaround is the best solution to the problem.

-Jim

Message 21 of 23
(544 Views)

@DSPGuy wrote:

...  This problem has been fixed for LabVIEW 2014.  I verified the fix against the problem data from Marius, and the new code fixes the problem.  For now Christian's workaround is the best solution to the problem.

-Jim

You haven't come out with the mid-year mini-upgrade yet, have you? (did I miss it?) How about putting the bug fix in there?

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(533 Views)

Unfortunately it is too late for that. 

-Jim

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(495 Views)