LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use an activex to control a flir IR camera

I'm trying to have labview 7.1 automatically, or by pushing a button, call up data that my IR camera has captured. I am looking into activex sub vi's, but I cannot seem to figure out how to call up the application, or how to import the newest, or any file for that matter, created by the application. The application is thermaCAM researcher for my flir IR camera.

thanks for any help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,943 Views)

The usual way of interfacing with a 3rd party camera is to use a vendor supplied dll.  LabVIEW will be able to communicate with the camera via this dll allowing you to build your system.  Do you have a dll and an associated manual for your camera?

Brett

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,924 Views)
You seem to be asking about different things. You say that you want to call up data that your camera has captured, either by calling the application or by calling up files created by the application.  Do you mean launch the app, pull the data into LabVIEW and display or what?You also mention ActiveX. Do you have  ActiveX control(s) for the camera? If so that may be one route to follow in talking with the camera, as we can give you some suggestions on how to use ActiveX. If it is opening a file created by the app, then you will need to know: where the file is saved, what the file is named and the really important one, what does the file look like data format wise. Give us a little more detail of what you are attempting so that we can try and help.

P.M.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,915 Views)