LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to sniff port usb using labview

I want to read USB data from any known or unknown USB device. for example I want to read USB data from USB mass storage devices or read from unknown programmer devices that use USB connection for communication to PC.

Is this possible?
Can I listening or spying USB ports via reading it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,437 Views)

Hey Youssef89,

I'm not sure if there is any built-in technique for sniffing USB packets within LabVIEW. You would probably have to know the communication packets in order to decipher the data in LabVIEW.

If you want to sniff a USB port outside of LabVIEW though, I'm sure there are some free tools that you can find if you look around!

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,390 Views)

Hi TheCandyMan

yes i found how to sniff usb port outside Labview using snoopypro for example, but i want to listen or spy an usb device to usb traffic between the device and the PC
I found that i can do it using dll, so i think that i coulf transform w source code of an usb sniffer to dll and use it
but i don't know how to do that

please i need help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,355 Views)

Hey Youssef89,

If you have a dll then you can always use the Call Library Function Node to access it in LabVIEW.

How Do I Call a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) from LabVIEW?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DCB90714981A1F148625731E00797C33

Hope that helps!

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,336 Views)

Hey The Candyan

The problem that i don't know how and where i will obtain the code source of an usb sniffer to transfom it to dll then integrate it with labview

because i found a code source of snoopypro but i can't use it to get the dll

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,328 Views)

If you don't have a DLL then why did you say that you can do it with a DLL?

Message 6 of 7
(4,323 Views)

Howdy Youssef89,

Sadly this is a problem I might not be able to provide support for because I'm not super familiar with techniques outside of NI software/hardware. My best guess would be that you'd first have to find an open source USB sniffing program. If there isn't already built .dll for that program that you can reference you can probably build one using an IDE like Visual Studio. It would really depend on what language was used to build the USB sniffing program, which, I am not completely aware of.

If you were to use an IDE like Visual Studio, here's a basic tutorial on building DLL's.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235636%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,318 Views)