how to set waveform chart to start data since beginning of run

Solved!
Go to solution

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,922 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author super_saiyans

Create a property node of the chart.  The property you are looking for is History.  With that property, you can clear the chart.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,918 Views)

Untitled.png

i actually dont want to clear the chart history.

i want to see the whole history on my chart.. but everytime i see my chart..its onnly the 1 sec of data that is continuously looking at. 

i want the x start point to be the run time. always. right now..its updating every 1 sec for every 5 samples.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,883 Views)

You need to check the update mode of your chart.

• Strip Chart—Shows running data continuously scrolling from left to right across the chart with old data on the left and new data on the right. A strip chart is similar to a paper tape strip chart recorder. Strip Chart is the default update mode.
  • Scope Chart—Shows one item of data, such as a pulse or wave, scrolling partway across the chart from left to right. For each new value, the chart plots the value to the right of the last value. When the plot reaches the right border of the plotting area, LabVIEW erases the plot and begins plotting again from the left border. The retracing display of a scope chart is similar to an oscilloscope.
  • Sweep Chart—Works similarly to a scope chart except it shows the old data on the right and the new data on the left separated by a vertical line. LabVIEW does not erase the plot in a sweep chart when the plot reaches the right border of the plotting area. A sweep chart is similar to an EKG display.

From the help menu:

The waveform chart maintains a history of data, or buffer, from previous updates. Right-click the chart and select Chart History Length from the shortcut menu to configure the buffer.  The default chart history length for a waveform chart is 1,024 data points. The frequency at which you send data to the chart determines how often the chart redraws.

Message 4 of 5
(3,859 Views)

super_saiyans wrote:

i want the x start point to be the run time. always. right now..its updating every 1 sec for every 5 samples.

Just change the range on your X axis.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(3,856 Views)