From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set password and user by using CGI

hi

I have set up the web publishing.i can browse the vi throught IE.But i want to set the password and user by using cgi to be more security.And peopple need to login with correct password and user when it want to browse it. I know the G web server can do this,but i cannt do it even i follow the instrustion. I have problem in give the VI path into the G web server. And there is problem in seting the password and user too.
Can anyone can help me.Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,318 Views)
Here's the information I posted to the other page:

"To set up configuration access to a VI panel image, you will need to set up a global access configuration file (*.cfg). There are numerous CGI shipping examples that are included with the Internet Toolkit. To access these examples, first start your G web server. Then, in a web browser, type in http://localhost (if you are not using port 80, you’ll need to type in a colon followed by the port number in the URL).

The localhost url above should direct you to the default homepage for the G web server. Make sure the title is “G Web Server” and not “LabVIEW Web Server.” From the G web server page, you’ll see a button to “View CGI Examples” and from there, you’ll see a category titled Access Control. Just so you know, the hard-coded path to this page on your computer is: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\www\examples\access.htm. There are then examples on setting up access control for panel images as well as directories. The sample configuration file is: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\internet\http\conf\access.cfg

Hope this helps. Best of luck!"

Kileen
Message 2 of 2
(2,304 Views)