LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set duration always 10 seconds

Hello,In my project iam measuring temperature,if the value falls out of range and this violation takes place atleast once in 10 seconds then there should be set alarm.Iam able to do this for first 10 sec,but after that iam facing problem,because after first 10 seconds I have to check if there is any viloation from 1to 11th sec(i.e 10 sec),2 to 12 sec,3 to 13 sec........ please help me with example how can i do this,if there is no viloation in 10sec period then I have to clear alarm.

mainly my problem is I am not understanding how to always set duration 10sec,i.e 11-1,12-2.............
Thank you

Message Edited by hofer on 06-01-2005 07:49 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,212 Views)
Hello,

Via TCP/IP you can send data (for instance the data in the file so then you can rebuild it in the remote link), there are some examples shipped with LabVIEW to demonstrate this.
To send a file, you can do it for instance via FTP - there are ftp functions implemented in the internet toolkit.

Hope this helps,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,204 Views)
You have three basic solutions:

If your target machine is able to share a folder (like Windows) it's just a simple copy.

If your target machine has a FTP server (like LV RT targets) you need a FTP client. A FTP client is part of the Internet Toolkit.

Otherwise you need specific TCP/IP connection. Look in the Example Finder>>networking>>TCP & UDP. The Simple Data Client and Server Examples are a good starting point. You have already text so the second type cast can be omitted.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,203 Views)