LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send signal if using USB-6009

Hi,

I'm curerntly using USB-6009 daq card. I want to generate sine wave signal in labview and send out the sine wave frequency via USB-6009 to a buzzer. How can I do that?

Regards,

Qin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,920 Views)
Have you installed DAQmx? Have you looked at the DAQmx examples that are installed when you install DAQmx? There are examples that show you how to do that. You should also start here : Getting Started with NI-DAQmx: Main Page.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,914 Views)
Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. But as a heads up. I think the 6009 unit only support software timed analog output.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,893 Views)

yeah

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202752

it does have 12 digital IO

Message Edited by Harold Timmis on 03-29-2010 01:29 PM
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,886 Views)

Coq Rouge wrote:
Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. But as a heads up. I think the 6009 unit only support software timed analog output.

It does, but you can still generate a sine wave in LabVIEW and have the USB 6009 generate the analog signal. As long as the frequency isn't too high it should be feasible.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,876 Views)
I  took a look in the specs and the max update rate is 150Hz. Perhaps a sound card (if available) is a better option. But both a sound card and the 6009 has limited current output. I do not think a buzzer can be driven by 6009 or a sound card. You will need some sort of amplifier in both cases.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,872 Views)