From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send signal generated by labview to router?

the singal can be '0' / '1'

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,398 Views)

Smiley Frustrated  Can you be a "BIT" more specific please?  Does this "router" transfer data packets or cut wood for instance???

If it's the former, look into the protocols palette in the data communications section.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 2 of 5
(2,382 Views)

Thanks for your kindly reply. My project is to use the labview program send the command to the router. Then the router will send the command to the arduino uno + shield, which have LED on them. So, people can use the laptop remotely control the LED on/off. So, do you have any further suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,351 Views)

Since it sounds like you are just doing some simple network communication you should not have to communicate directly with the router. The network will take care of routing your data around by itself. You will probably need to use either TCP or UDP to communicate with the adruino. You will need to get the protocol it is using to determine how to communicate with it.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,341 Views)

Thanks for your kindly reply. As you said, I did some thing like this: I have a sever VI, keep sending data use TCP VIs. The client side is my arduino board (uno+ wifi shield), which can receive data wirelessly. I run both, they can successfully communicate once. At the 2nd time, the sever VI will close itself, because TCP write VI gets error 66. In VI server, I have allowed access of localhost, and IP address of my arduino. and I have tried close firewall, it still didn,t work. there are pictures about my sever VI and arduino serial monitor in this link http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Get-error-66-when-try-to-make-labview-program-communicate-with/m-p/2...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,305 Views)