LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save a vi in runtime format?

Hello,

I have a program in vi with lots of sub vi s that are save in different folders in the computer. Also it has the different devices labview resources. How can i make a runtime format from the vi that automatically add those sub vi s.

I made a project from the vi and then build a exe  and add the whole folder,but it gave me error. what can i do?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,565 Views)

What do you mean by "runtime format" for a VI?

"Also it has the different devices labview resources".   I do not understand your sentence there.  Please rephrase it.

If you are getting an error in trying to create an .exe, you'll get better help if you tell specifically what the errors are.  (Messages?  Error numbers?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,536 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

What do you mean by "runtime format" for a VI?

"Also it has the different devices labview resources".   I do not understand your sentence there.  Please rephrase it.

If you are getting an error in trying to create an .exe, you'll get better help if you tell specifically what the errors are.  (Messages?  Error numbers?)

Thanks for your note.

So the error i get after i build a project and exe file is "Error 7 occurred at Call Library Funtion Node...". 

How can i make an exe file the same as it is run in vi?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,525 Views)

@Armik96 wrote:

So the error i get after i build a project and exe file is "Error 7 occurred at Call Library Funtion Node...". 

How can i make an exe file the same as it is run in vi?

Are you calling the dll with using the "specify path on diagram" option? In this case you need to ensure that the relative path is valid in the new context. (details).

What library are you calling? Are you including it in the build? Show us some code!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,506 Views)