LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to resolve 0xBFFF003A error when connect pc to agilent 34970

I have a agilent 34970,connect to with gpib cable. In labview, when i run advance scan example.vi,

it always report:(Hex 0xBFFF003A) Unable to start operation because setup is invalid (due to attributes being set to

an inconsistent state). 

I don't know how to resolve this error. In agilent 34970 screen,  adrs and rmt is displayed. But in HB34970A

Initialize.vi, call VISA Write will lead to upper error.

Please help me if you had encountered this case. I had reset agilent, reinstalled labview related software, But

error still happen.

Is there any way to test connection between agilent and pc? I had tested in MAX, but I don't know how to do.

Please help me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,835 Views)

Well, the first thing you should do is scan for instruments and all that you have to do is right click on the controller listed in MAX and select it. When you open one of the examples, you should then be able to click on the little arrow on the right side of the VISA Resource Name control and select your instrument.

Note that this only applies if you are using an NI GPIB controller.

Message 2 of 10
(8,831 Views)

HI,Dennis Knutson.

Thank your help.

In MAX, it can detect my agilent now. it must use default primary address

0. In my previous test, I chenage it accroding to my adilent setting, so nothing

can be detected. 

Now, In labview, it is ok too. I don't know reasong. Because in yesterday, it can not

work at all.  🙂

Thank you  very much.

My GPIB card has NI logo.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,810 Views)
The controller is at address 0 and if you changed the address of that, that would explain why nothing worked.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,804 Views)

Hi, Dennis Knutson

I don't understand yet.

device gpib address is 9, so i try to use this. According to your note, 0 is controler address, right?

I should not set device address in MAX, right?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,784 Views)
No, you should not and cannot set instrument addresses in MAX. You would select an address to communicate to.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,778 Views)

hi

ok. thanks your help very much.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,762 Views)

I have kind of the same problem. I use a pH meter that connects with my computer  by R232 to USB converter. NI MAX recognizes the instrument but when I try to read in the VISA testpanel, it is giving me the following error.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,515 Views)
You don't have the same problem at all since you are not using GPIB or the 34970. Start a new thread and include an image from MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,510 Views)

t always report:smileysad:Hex 0xBFFF003A) Unable to start operation because setup is invalid (due to attributes being set to

an inconsistent state). 

I don't know how to resolve this error. I am able to see the device under the device manager in NI max

Initialize.vi, call VISA Write will lead to upper error.

Please help me if you had encountered this case. I had reset agilent, reinstalled labview related software, But

error still happen.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,917 Views)