From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read particular number or word from lengthy serial data

Serially getting lengthy data...how to get particular number or word from Tht
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,061 Views)

Could you be more specific?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,055 Views)

And possibly an example?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,043 Views)
I am getting continusly 3 measured voltages,currentso,powers over serial through a device with 921600 baud rate ,at every 500 mSec ...I want to read the particular data ..those values over serial are separated by spaces ..
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,036 Views)

Again, you need to be more specific.....

what EXACTLY is contained in the string.  Give us a specific example of the data you need to split.  There are a wide number of waits to split information in a string but we need to know the start and end formats to help you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,029 Views)

@Omi_30 wrote:
I am getting continusly 3 measured voltages,currentso,powers over serial..those values over serial are separated by spaces

Are the numbers in ASCII?  Use the Spreadsheet String to Array function.  Wire in a space constant to the delimiter and a 1D array of doubles to the array type.  You can then use Index Array to get the value you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,025 Views)

I will be getting the data shown in screenshot continuously at every 500 mSec from my device. I need to take particular voltage measureent value for accuracy check. So I need to save the data coming over serial to Excel / text and read particular value for further analysis.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,994 Views)

I will be getting the data shown in screenshot continuously at every 500 mSec from my device. I need to take particular voltage measureent value for accuracy check. So I need to save the data coming over serial to Excel / text and read particular value for further analysis.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,993 Views)