LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read binary file of size more than 3 gb and then i want to use that binary file to transmit signal using usrp

how to read binary file of size more than 3 GB and then I want to use that binary file to transmit signal using usrp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(774 Views)

If you have enough RAM you can do a single read, or you have to come up with a way to read the binary file in segments and stream it to USRP.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(756 Views)

File offsets are I64, so you can easily access any portion of your file, no matter how big it is (even in LabVIEW 32bit!) However, you cannot read it all at once into most data structures (e.g. arrays, depending on the datatype and resulting number of elements. A 3GB U8 array will not work, but a 3GB DBL array will). You can read and transmit it in reasonable chunks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(753 Views)

I am not sure how to read the binary file in chuck.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(701 Views)

Hi Ajayravi,

@Ajayravi wrote:

I am not sure how to read the binary file in chuck.

Put the FileRead function in a loop, use shift register for the file reference.

Then read chunks of desired size (like 10MB) inside the loop until you reach the end of the file…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(690 Views)

Hi 

It is very simple sample VI.

If underrun error occurred disconnect a wire to the waveform graph or you should implement multi-threading by queue function.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(630 Views)