LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to post

Hi.I am new to object orient approach .I am developing a project which has a class as application .My class has it state control as another class which is notification class.I want to use my notification class method (init)in my application class method .i have also used read and write accessors vis.But i have broken lines in my code.Please help me correct it.

and print screen is attached below.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,341 Views)

The errors look like you have tried to connect classes of different types together where either (and therefore incompatible) 1) the classes are completely unrelated or 2) the classes are related but you have not set the inheritence (e.g. child/parent).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,317 Views)

VI face palm.png

Attaching  Word document is bad because of Word Macro Viruses and you assume everyone here has MS Word installed. What about people using tablets and phones?

A VI snippet will create a PNG that is embedded with some meta-data that is unique to the VI. This meta-data will actual store the information from the block diagram. Once you have this PNG, you can drag it to any block diagram you want to instantly replicate the code that the snippet was created from.

VI Snippet Steps 

Highlight some code on your block diagram. Then go to Edit»Create VI Snippet from Selection. This will prompt you to save your PNG, so go ahead and save it.

Now anyone can drag this PNG to any block diagram, and the code will instantly be usable.

You insert an image in a post by using the Insert/Edit image button. (see below)

attache.PNG

attache.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,296 Views)

Hey it's better than those that take a picture with a camera of their code on their monitor.  Can you imagine how absurd it would be if someone did the same for a text based language?  Now I actually want to try that and see what type of response I get.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,286 Views)

I think the NI Discussion Forum website is poorly designed. We always see improper attachments, and the new members of the forum are always lost. The links at the top are not enough, for example they do not give info about how to properly create snippets, etc...

"New to the Discussion Forums?
Please abide by the NI Community User Guidelines and get a quick intro. You can find even more information here! "

Actually Hooovahh's non official guideline is just much more useful IMHO,

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-40451

So I just say, before blaming newcomers, we should have a look at the poor design of this website. I hope the responsible people will make some updates regarding to this issue...

Message 5 of 9
(3,264 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Hey it's better than those that take a picture with a camera of their code on their monitor.  Can you imagine how absurd it would be if someone did the same for a text based language?  Now I actually want to try that and see what type of response I get.

Take a photograph of your screen

Put the photo in a Word document

Print the Word document to a PDF document

Embed the PDF in an Excel spreadsheet

Then attach the Excel spreadsheet to your post and see what kind of reposes you get. Smiley Wink

Oh and make sure to use the flash on your camera that way the reflection makes it impossible to see what is on your screen

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,255 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

[...]

Actually Hooovahh's non official guideline is just much more useful IMHO,

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-40451

I was going to post that link.  The OP subject line, read literally, asks for exactly that; the body of the post is unrelated to the subject.  When I detect a missing hyphen, I always read it the way the author did not intend. 😄  A "how-to post" was not requested.

@RTSLVU wrote:

[...]

Then attach the Excel spreadsheet to your post and see what kind of reposes you get. Smiley Wink

One more thing.  Host that file on another site and link to it, instead of attaching it to your post.  That'll keep all the people behind corporate shields from helping.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,206 Views)

When I encounter hyphens I like to reverse them.

https://xkcd.com/37/

Also if we're going to keep this going then we should post a link to the external Excel spreadsheet through bit.ly.  I've found some IT policies block bit.ly all together 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,182 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

The errors look like you have tried to connect classes of different types together where either (and therefore incompatible) 1) the classes are completely unrelated or 2) the classes are related but you have not set the inheritence (e.g. child/parent).

From the image that RTSLVU posted, 1) seems to be the case.

You appear to have two classes.  Let's call these classes "Class CB32CB" and "Class 00FF00" based on how you've identified them on the block diagram.  Both use the default wire style and color.

You have a constant of an empty array of CB32CB's which are autoindexed in a for loop.  So the loop doesn't execute.

However, that won't break the VI, it just may make it execute contrary to your expectations.

If you had some elements in the array, then for each CB32CB you call what appears to be CB32CB's "Blank" method.  Ostensibly, the top-right terminal here is a CB32CB.  You then try to pass a CB32CB into the top-left terminal of what appears to be 00FF00's "Read Nothing" method.  Ostensibly, this terminal should be a 00FF00.

That would be your problem - you are trying to use a CB32CB as a 00FF00; inferring from your description, the 00FF00 probably contains a CB32CB as a member datum.  What I would recommend is making a constructor for your 00FF00 that takes a CB32CB as an input (NOT on the top-left terminal) and outputs a constructed 00FF00 (on the top-right terminal) with that CB32CB inside.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,169 Views)