LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pass a status to a vi from another vi

Now we need know whether the sr830 is overload,if true,pass the status to another vi and run it,by which control the sr560 and lower the gain.The problem is how to do this.I am new for labview,pleaser give me some advice or examples.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,321 Views)
I am not quite sure of your application, but it sounds like you could build a loop with two separate vis running. For the first vi you could have a status output going into your next vi which would run to lower your gain until the status was cleared again. it would basically be a balancing act within the loop. You can build sub vis and have outputs and inputs which can feed each other information. Hopefully this helps and is clear enough. I can try to put together a vi to illustrate my thoughts.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,321 Views)
Firstly thanks your kindness.In my opinion,there are two vis which runnig at the same time and control two different instrument.As attachment,I give a simple drawing.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,321 Views)
I believe you are on the right track there. It can be a bit tricky sometimes to do this. Basically you have to keep running the loop testing for the overload dropping the gain a little bit at a time on the other instrument until your overload criteria is satisfied. I hope I have been able to help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,321 Views)