LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pass a data from while loop to other while loop

Hello everyone,

I'm newly registered of NI Discussion Forums and I'm hoping that somebody can help me to solve my problem

about my project. I want to pass my test parameters settings (while program is running) of my PWM program from my main while loop

to my PWM program while loop.

But my problem is, it doen't pass my test parameter settings and it can only be done when I stop my program and run it again.

For further details about my question, pls. see attachment.

thanks and regards,

Ludz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,440 Views)

Hi Ludz,

i'm not sure which parameters you mean, but you can use a queue to transfer data between two loops. There is no need to use local variables in your vi, you can use shiftregisters on the outside loop. You have two or more while loops inside a big while loop, remember that all code inside the big while loop has to be executed before the next iteration starts.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 05-08-2009 12:55 PM
Message 2 of 3
(2,434 Views)

Ludz wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm newly registered of NI Discussion Forums and I'm hoping that somebody can help me to solve my problem

, pls. see attachment.

Since your new, let me fill you in on one of the etiquette rules of the forum.  If you have a screenshot, just attach the image file.  Preferably, .png,  Jpeg is also okay.  NEVER .bmp.  And don't disguise a .bmp by renaming it .jpg.  Thre is no need to embed your image in a .doc or .xls.

Better yet is if you attach your .vi.  If it requires subVI's, attach them also.  If it is too large, or requires too many subVI's, try posting a simplified VI that demonstrates your problem or question.

Message 3 of 3
(2,402 Views)