LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to open step 7 from labview front panel button

Dear All.

i want to open step 7 software from labview front panel using button. please tell me how to do that.

Regards,

Asif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,321 Views)

Hello Asif,

I suggest you to post your question in  the LabVIEW forum, this one is for another software of NI, LabWindows/CVI. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,292 Views)

@Asif138 wrote:

i want to open step 7 software from labview front panel using button. please tell me how to do that.

• Define "open"
  • Define "step 7"
  • Define "software"
  • What button?
  • Do what?

(Are you talking about this? Please be much more specific!)

Message 3 of 14
(3,280 Views)

Hi All

i am working on lab view DSC module to monitor the Simatic Step 7 PLC I/Os. i want to add button in lab view front panel to open simatic step 7 software and alos to open the electrical diagram which is in pdf format by clicking button from front panel. if is it possible so please tell me.

Thanks,

Asif 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,235 Views)

Hi All i am working on lab view DSC module to monitor the Simatic Step 7 PLC I/Os. i want to add button in lab view front panel to open simatic step 7 software and alos to open the electrical diagram which is in pdf format by clicking button from front panel. if is it possible so please tell me. Thanks, Asif

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,221 Views)

You can launch other applications by running their executable. Check out this example using the System Exec VI to launch an executable.

You can also use System exec to Start a file and it will open in its default program. Give it a try with your PDF.

Example_VI_BD.png

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,228 Views)

The first question I have is.. why?  What's the point of using the DSC module if you're looking to open the third party software anyway?  Isn't that performing the same task twice?

After that, again, "define" is important.  Are you just wanting to open the program?  If so, use a sysexec call.  But, that's going to look pretty shoddy.

Instead of telling us the steps required to get to your potential solution, describe the problem.  "I have x hardware.  My goal is to show y information.  I have z software available for this task."  It's more likely we'll find a cleaner solution that isn't a direct answer of your question.  The questions you've asked are leading to something incredibly janky.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,214 Views)

Hi Asif,

please don't create double posts/threads on the same topic.

I merged your threads…

(When you create double posts by using copy&paste you should atleast try to remove typos… ;))

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,209 Views)

You make an Event structure that handles your button presses. In the relevant event, you use a System exec with e.g. "cmd /c start [pdf-path]"

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,177 Views)

thanks for your replay

can you please write / send me snap shot of said event structure.

Regards,

Asif

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,140 Views)