From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to move window behind ?

I have a reentrant vi whose front panel have some fileds need to enter. When I call this reentrant vi 3 times, Labview will open 3 windows, say 1,2,3. Window 1 in most behind, window 2 in the middle and window 3 on the top (most front), same order as the time which vi was called. But I need the opposite way which means windows 3 in most behind, window 2  in the middle and window 1 on the top.

I tried different approach but not work.

1. if I made the vi modal, windows open as 1, 2,3 from behind to top, and have to close them in order of 3,2,1 because everyone is modal, last opened 3 is on the top.

2.if I made the vi floating (hide when Labview is not active) or defult, windows open as 1, 2,3 from behind to top, but I can move/select/close at will, not have to be 3,2,1 like above. It is still not wnat I want.

3. Set the property node "isFrontmost" to false (see attached) still open window 1,2,3, 3 is on the top since it is the last call.

I need a method to move the window to the behind when open the front panel, so 1st call open window 1, 2nd call open window 2 but move it behind window 1,3rd call open window 3 but move it to most behind, so the order of the 3 windows from back to front is 3,2,1.

Any suggestion will be great appreciated !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,227 Views)

Reverse the list opening the windows.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,199 Views)

That is the easiest way I figured too, and it is working for my case here.

Just wandor if there is a way to move window back since write FALSE to "IsFrontmost" can not move the front panel to the back.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,166 Views)

I remember there being a VI in this package that sets the Z-order of a window using a Windows API call.

http://www.ni.com/example/29935/en/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,161 Views)

You can call vi method Front panel -> Open, it will put it on top.

put vi FP on top.png

Message 5 of 6
(3,144 Views)

@BigDrum wrote:

That is the easiest way I figured too, and it is working for my case here.

Just wandor if there is a way to move window back since write FALSE to "IsFrontmost" can not move the front panel to the back.

Thank you !

The easiest ways are often the best. 😉

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,107 Views)