From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to modify values on the x-axis and y-axis of an intensity graph

Hello everyone,

I am using the intensity graph in NXG 2.1 to plot 2D temperature values from logged data. My application reads in a text file with individual thermocouple channels on the y-axis (columns in the text file) and time on the x-axis (rows in the text file) and then plots them on the intensity graph. Everything plots fine however, the plot uses the index of the columns and rows as the x-axis and y-axis scaling. What I need to do is have the channel names as the y-axis and date/timestamp as the x-axis values. Can anyone guide me on how to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,771 Views)

Can you upload a small piece of your text data file?

Can't you add/edit graph properties to get channel names as the y-axis and date/timestamp as the x-axis values. ?

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,689 Views)

Thanks for your reply. The intensity graph in NXG seems to only use the row and column indexes of the data by default, so I am using a text file of only my temperature values to display on the graph. There are no add/edit graph properties that I am aware of. I am not sure how to reference the values if I put my time column and channel name row header in the text file because of the way it only uses the column/row indexes for the axis values. I will attach one of the text files I am using if you want to play around with it. Thanks again! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,677 Views)

I have also attached the same text file with the date/timestamp and channel names here for your reference. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,669 Views)