From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to modify controls when i have a subvi called?

@Ricardo23 wrote:

Dennis, i use Local variables of the indicator to modify its values... 

Why, you might as well wire the indicator terminal in its place, eliminating the local.

Do you want the indicator to update while the subVI is still up, or only after the subVI is closed again?

What you could do instead have the control reference of the mouse down control be an input to the subVI. This way you can modify it while the subVI is still running.

Message 11 of 14
(381 Views)

I can see quite well that you are modifying the indicator with a local. Which does not make any sense. You say you want to modify the controls and that you have a touch panel but your example does not pop up a keyboard to modify any of the controls. I'll ask the question again - why would you want to use a keyboard to modify an indicator and not use a keyboard to modify user inputs? The controls you have on the subVI would make more sense if you had those on the main. Then, every time you wanted to change either the x or y value, pop up a keyboard, and pass the new value to the subVI. The subVI would not have any loop at all.

Message 12 of 14
(376 Views)

@Ricardo23 wrote:

I want the controls that are in the main vi can be modified while the keyboard is up.

Try something like this.

Message 13 of 14
(374 Views)

Well, thanks all for your answers.

If i get to do that i want i will leave the program here.

Regards 😉

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(360 Views)