LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to modify Property Nodes of DAQmx?

Dear All:
             I got a vi example that can sychronize E-series and M-series DAQ cards. The E-series card supports  three Analogue input (AI) and M-series card supports one counter input (CI).  My application requires 6 AI from E-series and 2 CI that can acquire data from two linear encoders. How to modify the property node to meet the requirements? Comments are greatly appreciated!

Many thanks and regards,
zibin Song
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,739 Views)
Hi Zibin,

I got a vi example that can sychronize E-series and M-series DAQ cards. The E-series card supports  three Analogue input (AI) and M-series card supports one counter input (CI).  My application requires 6 AI from E-series and 2 CI that can acquire data from two linear encoders.

Which E series and M series card are you using?
If I am reading your message correctly you are saying that your E series card only support three analog input, if this is the case then you cannot increase  the number of AI channels. If the E series card supports more than three channels then you can just select How many channels you need from the device and the  DAQmx device will have that many channels in the task.
For M series card too, if the card only supports one counter input, then there is nothing you can do in the program to increase the number of counter input.

To have more number of Analog inputs and counter inputs your E series and M series card should support that many inputs. You cannot modify your VI in order to get more channels if there are none.
But I think that your E series and M series card support more channels so just try to select the number of channels from the front panel where it says E series and M series Devices. It shows you how many channels are available for you. So you just select the number of inputs you need from the drop down menu.

Regards

Nitin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,733 Views)
I am using 6034 E series card and 6221 M-series card. This vi program can only support 3 AI inputs for E-series and 1 counter input fro M-series. How would I modify the property node to adapt this to 6 AI for E-series and 2 counters for M-series?  I can not chose the number of channels in the front panel.
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
zibin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,721 Views)

Hi Zibin,

Just create an array of physical channels and pass it with auto indexing into the While loop as demonstrated in the attached VI

Also build your Slave device's sample clock source string as demonstrated

Any doubts, do get back

Regards

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,717 Views)
Dear Sir:
         I tried to add 3 AI to the E-series card and modfied the vi program for the M-series card to acuqire the encoder reading.
Now it got the difficulties with the loop for M-series card. Previously it (the vi program that I attached ) works well with 3 AI E-series and 1 counter input M-Series.
Would you please help me find a way out? Thank you so much!

Many thanks and regards!
zibin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,704 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,704 Views)

Hi Zibin,

The reason that you have the broken run arrow with the error that the for loop had no indexing inputs was that you were passing in your wire from your counter control without the indexing disabled.

I have modified your code so that you now have an array containing the controls for your counters and disabled the indexing on the loop tunnel.

I have also made your code more compact for ease of troubleshooting and renamed it so that the number ,3, notates the version of the code and mod signifies that I made modifications other than asthetic changes.

I hope that this helps you,

Emma R

NIUK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,644 Views)