LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to localize the items in the combo box which are changing on run time

HI all,

I am using the LabVIEW localization toolkit to change the front panel text of my GUI's into different languages . IF i am having the static items in my combo box their translation can be defined in translation table and hence it can get converted.

But i am not able to translate the items in the combo box which are changing in run time. How to define tags for such items?

if anyone knows plz reply...

thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,489 Views)

Hi LV Again,

as far as you need to compile Language files statically, you need to use some workaround to solve this problem.

I have contacted producer of LTK (Labview translation toolkit) and asked him for help in this matter. If I receive any response, I will post the reply.

Kind regards

Marek Santavy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,446 Views)

You should be able to use the Strings[] property to change/localize the items in the combo box.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,439 Views)

You can meet this requirement using the Strings[] -Property of the combo box element. To achieve this build the list of items in block diagram and translate them using the "Translate Text" API function of LTK.

Please refer to the example attached.

Note: every new entry in the list will be added automatically. You need to update the content of the translation table and recompile the language files afterwards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,435 Views)
thanks for the reply...:)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,384 Views)