LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to know the current VI is aborted ?

i hv three VI A.vi is opening B.vi and it opens C.vi,,,,,,, now at one time only 1 VI is  opening at the task bar,,, and even i can go back.

i have made that program,,,,,, but the problem is ,,, while i m starting from A.vi and ,,, go to C.vi   via B.VI,.,,, and,, after stoping C.vi,.....  if i open A.vi from the folder it is still running(in the running stage),,,, so...........

i want to add the fuctionality,,, in which, i want to find the event..... when my current VI is aborted i want  the A.vi to be aborted....

HOW ITS POSSIBLE...

Waiging for reply,,,

Manisha
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,960 Views)

Maybe you can tell us what you are trying to achieve. I simply cannot make much sense out of your code.

At least try to put a small wait in each loop, right now they all spin millions of times doing nothing. Maybe you could use an event structure?  You should also set your buttons to latch when released. Currently, e.g. the "Go back to B" button inside c.vi is set to switch until released, meaning you'll probably run the TRUE case a few thousand times whenever you press the button. Also familiarize yourself with dataflow. You seem to think that you set the boolean flag value before the while loop starts, however LabVIEW does not guarantee that this happens in this order because there is no data dependency.

What are you trying to do? I am sure there are better ways. 🙂

Message 2 of 8
(2,958 Views)
Man,,,

i know i made problem with the Lacth action of the buttone,,, but,, u change that action of all buttons  to switched until realeased to all of them,,,

and,,, now,,,

run A.vI then go B.VI and., from B.vi u open C.vi,,,      ok.................

now,.... only C.vi is running,, at your task bar,,, right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

now,,, abort from the C.vi from the menu,, from the upper left side,,, and,,, close that vi window from window buttones from the upper right side...  is it fine till now,,, fine,, now,,,,,

now there is no any progaram running at ur task bar,, everything is closed,,, fine,,,

now open the A.vi ... u will find the A.Vi is still ruuning,,,

so i hv that problem,,,,, how to over come from this problem,,,, i dont know..............

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,954 Views)

Hi,

if your problem is only how to know if a vi is running or aborted you can use a "property node".

See the attached example (in LV7.1) or the picture .

Bye

CLD - Labview Certified Developer
Download All
Message 4 of 8
(2,948 Views)

thanks,, 

i make it from your idea Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,941 Views)

So, what's up with all the commas and periods?  I am a stickler for the punctuation; but after seeing this, I rather have nothing!

-Khalid

PS:  I guess I will be flamed for this.,.,  bu,t ...it .,,,.. su.r.e..,,. was,,,,, ann..o..y...ing!,,,!,,,,....

Message 6 of 8
(2,915 Views)

@Khalid wrote:

So, what's up with all the commas and periods? 

This can happen about one day after you spill sugary soda over the lower right of the keyboard. 😉
Message 7 of 8
(2,897 Views)
hA.... Smiley HappyHa.... Smiley HappyhA.Smiley Happy.......................................................Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,880 Views)