LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to know the advance of the copy and paste directory in LabVIEW?

Hello,

I am ussing the "copy vi " to copy a windows directory in a different location and works vey well, but I would like to show to the application user the advance amount of the directory copy performed by my LabVIEW 8.2 application,  as windows do (or better because normally windows is not accurate in the remaining time).

Does any body know how to do it?

Any help will be welcome

AJJR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,612 Views)
You basically have to do this yourself. You would need to first get a count of the files so you can accurately determine your current progress. The Recursive File List VI can give you a total number of files. Then you can use a progress bar to show the progress. Do a search on the forum for "progress bar". Examples have been posted over the years.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,600 Views)
Thank you I will check "progress bar"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,574 Views)

In order to use the progress bar, you would have to copy one file at a time instead of selecting an entire folder and with the one file at a time, the progress would only indicate how many files were copied as a percentage of how many total. It would not represent how much time is left because that would depend on file size.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,561 Views)

Thank you Dennis, it sounds better, this explain why windows is not accurate in "remaining time" (the files have not the same size) is easier to know the remaining files than the remaining time.

I appreciate your comment and help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,523 Views)