LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to insert record in between records of database file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am working on project in which i need to read / write .mdb file.I am able to write data in the file but i am not able to write data in between two records.That is i need to insert some data lines in between the records in the file.

Can anybody tell me how to do it?I really stucked at this problem.

vaibhav

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,087 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,086 Views)
Use an insert into
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,084 Views)

VPM1881 wrote:

[...] i need to insert some data lines in between the records in the file. 

I think you misunderstand something; a database table doesn't work the way a spreadsheet works.  You can order the records by any particular field in a query using ORDER BY.  If you want to edit the order that they've been entered you'll need to delete all elements and rewrite them in the order you want, but this is a silly thing to do as the order of data entry doesn't mean anything in a properly designed table.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 7
(3,079 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VPM1881
Thank you
Actually it was problem with 8.5 version.
When i have installed 8.5.1 it got solved.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,015 Views)

jcarmody wrote:

VPM1881 wrote:

[...] i need to insert some data lines in between the records in the file. 

I think you misunderstand something[...]

Now I think I misunderstand something.  Consider a spreadsheet having a number of rows and you want to insert a row in the middle.  What I do in MS Excel is right-click on the row below where I want to put the new data and select 'insert'.  This moves everything down and creates an empty row.  Is this what you were trying to do in a database table?  How'd you do that?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,005 Views)

hi

Do you have some ideas to achieve this?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,607 Views)