LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to init numeric display

Solved!
Go to solution
In my vi i have a numeric display and a button. when button is pressed, some arithmetic calculation will happen (takes abt two seconds) and then result shown on the numeric display. if the result is less than a certain value the text bg will be red, otherwise grey.
I have no problem writing the above vi.
But what i don't know how is, before the result is calculated (before the two seconds is up), i want the numeric display to show empty and green color. how can i do this? overtime the button is pressed, the display should be cleared and grey, until the calculation is done.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,240 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author splee

Numeric indicators are always going to show some value.  The default value is zero.

But if you want to make it appear to be blank, you could make the font color the same as the background color.  Then when the time is up, programmatically set the font color back to the original color to make it visible.

Message 2 of 5
(2,233 Views)

You could also use a string indicator instead. With that you can set it to be an empty string.

Message 3 of 5
(2,227 Views)
But how to handle the sequence? the color and text of the numeric display will.only be updated after the button is pressed AND calculation is completed. how does it know when the calculation is done?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,208 Views)

Use a sequence structure.

That, or if you are using a state machine, have a state where the appearance of the indicator is updated that follows the state that does the calculation.

Message 5 of 5
(2,200 Views)