LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate sine wave in DAQ 6009? please help me.

how will i generate continuous sine wave in DAQ 6009? Can any one give me the idea? if any one have the the GL program then please attach. thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,171 Views)

Hi Ritesh,

there are many examples for doing just that and while I personally never use Express VIs, it's certainly a good point for you to start. Here's a step by step description: http://www.ni.com/pdf/events/us/aowaveform.pdf

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,157 Views)

Hi ritesh,

your DAQ device doesn't support continuous output on it's AO channels - as you have read in the manual (did you?).

You can generate scalar samples in any kind of signal you like and output them at max. 150Hz to those channels…

Can any one give me the idea?

LabVIEW comes with a lot of example VIs, there are examples on analog output as well.

the GL program

What is a "GL program"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,154 Views)

Thanks GerdW 

i read that it doesn't support continuous output on it's AO channel, then my question is how would i generate continuous sine wave through daq 6009..u said that LabVIEW comes with a lot of example VIs but where will i get such examples which supports daq 6009..do u have any such example or any link which generates sine wave through daq 6009.

and the GL program is basically i mean to say grapical language(labview example)

Best  regards 

ritesh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,105 Views)

thanks  PeterFoerster

as i am using daq 6009 and it doesn't support t continuous output on it's AO channel,therefore the pdf link you have given is not suitable for mu daq 6009.

Best Regards

ritesh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,097 Views)
You need to place a DAQmx Write inside a for loop and pass a waveform into it. The autoindexing feature of a for loop will extract the waveform array point by point. A wait inside the loop will provide for basic timing. The timing will have considerable jitter because of the Windows os.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,075 Views)

@ritesh312 wrote:

thanks  @PeterFoerster

as i am using daq 6009 and it doesn't support t continuous output on it's AO channel,therefore the pdf link you have given is not suitable for mu daq 6009.

Best Regards

ritesh

Thanks ritesh!

Sorry for trying and failing quite miserably to help you...

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,052 Views)

@ritesh312 wrote:

The PDF file is for the NI USB-6009. It is not suitable for your DAQ 6009 ????

How is that possible?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,045 Views)

This should work, good enough at low frequencies, as long as LabVIEW operation is not delayed by other  programs in the pc

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,027 Views)

are you talking about this pdf http://www.ni.com/pdf/events/us/aowaveform.pdf ??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,965 Views)