cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find out the time value corresponding to the voltage indices

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have my experimental data as time, current and voltage in three columes in an excel sheet. I have found out the peak locations (index) of voltage signal by the peak detector function. Now I want to find out the voltage peaks corresponding to time. how to do that?

Peak detector.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,322 Views)

Do you want to find corresponding time of peak voltage?

If yes follow this method

As you find the found the peak voltage and its index, then use the same index and get the index value from Time Array

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,316 Views)

Hi Palanivel,

I know the logic but since I am new in this field so I actually don't know how to do it in labview. My another concern is that when I use the peak detector function, the indices are shown in decimal. Is it possible to use these index values to find out the required values in the time array.

Regards-

bdcpp08

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,300 Views)

Its Possible

Please share the code and the file for proper response

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,288 Views)

Dear Palanivel,

Thanks for your kind response. Here I have attached the required files. In the spreadsheet attached here the 1st & 3rd colume are the time (which are exactly same, so you need to consider only one colume) 2nd colume is the current and 4th colume is voltage. So in the numeric control you have to consider 0, 1 & 3 respectively. 

With regards-

bdcpp08 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,283 Views)

Thanks for sharing the code, You have used Filter and all any need for that?

Explain in steps what you need to drive to find peak voltage

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,273 Views)

Hope this will work fine for you

Download All
Message 7 of 10
(3,270 Views)

Dear Palanivel,

Thanks for your support. But your code does not solve my problem. Your code give only the maximum value of the voltage and its corresponding time value. But if you have thirty peaks and you want all the peak value and its corresponding time value, then the code do not show all the values. But I think if I use a While or For loop, then it might work. I was actually looking for a straight forward way to find out the peaks.

Thanks once again for your help.

Regards-

bdcpp08

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,235 Views)

Try to set the offset and if its above offset , Find the index of voltages above offset and the time of corresponing index then your issue will be solved

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,226 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bdcpp08

Hi,

Finally I got the solution of my problem. To find out the time values of the peak positions. I used the For loop and a shift register with an increament function. I used the peak detector function and the output is connected to the index array function, then the index of that function is connected to the shift register which is initialized with 0. The output of the index array function is connected again to the index terminal of another index array function whose input is connected to the time array. The output of the function is placed outside the loop as indicator.

Regards-

bdcpp08

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,160 Views)